Saturday, April 28, 2012

Just a random post!

I started my blog about a year ago and I still haven't done much with it. Two post that is pretty lame especially considering the large amount of time I spend sitting here wondering what to do, so today when Jordan told me he wouldn't be home for at least another 4 hours I decided why not blog with some of my time.
So what have we been up to. Well really a whole lot since the last time I have blogged haha. But I will start with talking about our little girl who we are so impatiently waiting for. Right now I am almost 39 weeks and we just want her to come out. We started trying all the natural induce labor things about a week and a half ago. Jordan has been having me try a ton of different things because he just can't wait to see her! We also just found out that he will be starting classes in New York on May 21st so we want her to come ASAP so she can spend as much time with her daddy as possible. Here are some of the things I have tried with no success so far.
1. Walking like crazy! I walk at least 3 miles a day and still not to much is happening, I actually need to go for another walk after I get done with this post.
2. Swimming! I have really been enjoying the swimming because it is so relaxing and sometimes actually makes me forget that I have a gigantic belly. Only problem with swimming is that our pool isn't heated and sometimes I just can't convince myself to get in the water. I'm sure my Idaho friends are thinking I am crazy and you live in San Diego but it is colder then you think!
3. Spicy food! Jordan and I eat a lot of spicy food as it is but we have taken spicy to a whole new level. About two weeks ago we went to Old Town and ate at Casa de Reyes and Jordan got the suicide burrito, which you have to sign a special card to eat. After finishing it he decided that is just what we needed, the suicide hot sauce that they put on the burrito. We now have a bottle of this sauce, and when they say suicide they mean suicide! You have to make sure you only eat it drop by drop and even then have one or all of the following ready, a glass of milk, ice cream, sour cream, cheese, or yogurt to put out the fire when you are done eating it!
4. Galloping! This is probably Jordan's favorite just because I look like such a nerd when I am doing it. I'm sure I would probably laugh to if I saw a huge pregnant lady prancing around like a pony! He loves when I do it on walks and someone drives by and laughs at me, haha at least I am making someone smile!
5. Walking up and down stairs! This one really just gets boring, all you are doing is up and down, up and down with no change in senery. Mostly I only do this at night when I am waiting for Jordan to get home.
6. Squats! These also kind of getting boring but I do them when I am watching a tv show or movie. It also isn't as easy to balance with my belly so sometimes I am a bit wobbley.
7. Relaxing! This one is nice after all of the exercise. I have watched movies, read books, taken warm baths and still no luck :(
8. Pineapple! This was one of my favorites because the pineapple was so good! I love to eat fresh pineapple on its own or with fruit dip! Jordan also made me a special pineapple smoothie, YUM!
9. Acupressure! Really I don't know if we are doing this right but thanks to YouTube we are now massaging spots on my feet and ankles and putting pressure on a point of my hands. I figure if we aren't doing it right at least I get a foot rub out of it!
I'm sure there are more things we have tried but I can't think of them right now and you are probably tired of hearing about them. Everyone keeps asking if I am going to try castor oil and I just can't do it, it just sounds nasty and if I did it I'm sure my delivery would be nasty. Not that desperate yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment